Today’s theme is to make food to bring a villain back to the dark side. I don’t know if I would actually want to bring a villain back from the dark side. I don’t think in terms of good and evil, dark and light that way most media lets us see.
Anyways, to get people on my side I figure breakfast food is the best option. Is there anyone that doesn’t like breakfast food? I was talking to my partner about this and he showed me a Hell Boy comic where Hell Boy eats a pancake and that means he’ll be on Earth forever, and not return to hell. So, pancakes are clearly the best option.
This recipe is a basic recipe I’ve used for years; I think it’s pretty close to the one found in Vegan With a Vengeance.
Peach Pecan Pancakes
- 1/2 Cup Pecans, Chopped
- 2 Peaches, Peeled, Pitted, and Chopped
- 1 1/4 Cups Flour (Maybe a Couple Tablespoons More)
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 TBS Vegetable Oil (or Canola)
- 1 1/4 Cup Almond Milk
- 1/3 Cup Water
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 TBS Maple Syrup
- Oil for cooking
- More Maple Syrup for serving
- Sift the dry ingredients together
- Whisk the wet ingredients together
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry and mix. If the batter is too thin add some more flour a teaspoon at a time.
- Fold in peaches and pecans
- Lightly grease the pan you use for pancakes and heat over low or medium (the setting will depend on your stove/burner).
- Ladle batter into prepared pan. Cook until the edges are cooked and bubbles appear in the pancakes.
- Carefully flip the pancake. It’s okay if you make mistakes. Ugly pancakes still taste good! Cook about 30 seconds-1 minute until browned and cooked through.
- Remove pancakes from heat and repeat until pancake batter is all gone.